You'll love this Banana Oatmeal Smoothie! It tastes like the batter from oatmeal-raisin cookies but is vegan and guilt free!
Say hello to my latest breakfast obsession — this banana-nut oatmeal-raisin smoothie with coconut. It's good for you but tastes like the batter from oatmeal cookies, or maybe banana bread, or just the best cake ever.
Hi, my name is Andrea, and I'm addicted to dessert batter.
If you're not a fan of raisins, don't worry. They're pulverized in the blender, leaving only their sweetness and fruity flavor without the texture.
Same with the coconut.
Here's what I throw in my Vitamix to make this heavenly vegan concoction: a banana, light almond milk (40 calories!), walnuts, oats, raisins, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, vanilla and ice. I provide exact measurements in the recipe that follows, but I usually just eyeball everything, using a handful, some pinches, a few dashes and a splash.
It's like the old-school Italian way of cooking everything, but for some reason, I'm most comfortable employing it with smoothies.
This one's definitely breakfast in a glass. Bottom's up!
(Recipe Source: Cooking with Mamma C)
More smoothies to enjoy
- Pineapple-Banana Smoothie with Coconut
- Strawberry-Grape Smoothie Without Yogurt
- Chocolate-Cherry Smoothie
- Banana-Cranberry Smoothie with Walnuts
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Pumpkin Smoothie
Banana-Nut Oatmeal-Raisin Smoothie with Coconut
- 1 ripe banana (broken in half)
- ⅛ cup raisins
- ⅛ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅛ cup shelled walnut halves
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk (light is fine)
- ⅓ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 dashes cinnamon
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.