This Strawberry-Grape Smoothie Without Yogurt is so refreshing and delicious! It's also a smoothie without banana, so you can really taste the fruity flavors of the strawberries and grapes. The oats add fiber and help keep you full longer!
For years, this has been one of my most popular fruit smoothie recipes. Maybe it's because all the rest of mine include banana, while this one is banana free.
I guess some people, (like my daughter, cough, cough), despise bananas. I won't judge.
Or maybe it's because many people love strawberry smoothies more than any other. (Whenever I ask on my Facebook page, strawberry is always the most popular!)
Or...(this is the last one, I promise), maybe it's because people love grapes and want to use them up before they go to waste.
Whatever the case, I have to say this smoothie energizes me more than any other. It includes nearly two servings of fruit and contains no yogurt.
You can use red or green seedless grapes. Both are delicious, but the green ones can be pricey. Use what you have.
And feel free to use whatever milk you like. I prefer vegan smoothies, so I use almond milk or cashew milk. I haven't tried oat milk, but that probably would work too.
And speaking of oats, yes the recipe calls for them, although you could omit them. Be sure to use gluten-free oats, if needed.
You see, one day, on a whim, I tried throwing oats into my smoothie to see if that would make me feel full longer. The answer is yes, so I add them to all of my smoothies nowadays.
And, don't skip the sprinkle of salt, if possible. The oats are bland, so this needs a little somethin' to make the bright flavors pop.
- Be sure to blend the smoothie until you can't detect the texture of the oats. You just need a little longer than usual. I use my Vitamix (affiliate link).
- If your fruit isn't ripe enough, and you're using unsweetened milk, you may want to add a little sweetener of your choice. (I use half a packet of Stevia when needed, but you could add a little sugar or a pitted date.)
I hope you love this Strawberry-Grape Smoothie Without Yogurt as much as I do! And, just look at that pretty color!
More smoothie recipes
(Recipe Source: Cooking with Mamma C. Originally published on July 2, 2014 and updated now with new photos and text.)
Strawberry-Grape Smoothie Without Yogurt
- 8 medium strawberries (rinsed, stems removed)
- ⅔ cup seedless grapes (red or green, rinsed)
- ⅓ cup rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup almond milk (or cashew milk)
- sprinkle of salt
- ½ cup ice (if using frozen strawberries, do not use ice)
- sweetener of choice (only if needed)
- Place ingredients in a blender. Mix until smooth and oats are not noticeable in the texture when you taste it.
- If your fruit is not ripe enough, you may need to add a sweetener of your choice, such as a pitted, dried date or half a packet of Stevia.