You'll love this Sweet Banana Pizza with White Chocolate! All you need is pizza dough, plus three ingredients. It'll be ready in less than 30 minutes.
If you think pizza with banana sounds weird, I'm here to tell you this dessert pizza is awesome!
And if you think white chocolate's not your thing...hear me out.
I'm a dark chocolate lover through and through. If you handed me a piece of white chocolate, I wouldn't want to eat it.
But something magical happens when white chocolate chips are layered on pizza dough, topped with banana slices, sprinkled with brown sugar and baked in the oven. The white chocolate almost takes on a toasty marshmallow flavor.
In a word: yum. It's absolutely delicious, and it's the same flavor profile used in this brown butter banana bread.
And, when melted white chocolate is drizzled over the finished banana pizza, it's a culinary work of art. If I say so myself.
Okay...our son decorated this sweet pizza, because I stink in art. But I visualized it!
Friends, this white chocolate-banana pizza has provided a sweet ending to our pizza nights since 2018. If you love banana desserts, you have to try it!
Banana pizza ingredients
Bananas: Ripeness matters when cooking with bananas. For best results, use medium-ripe bananas here.
Overly ripe bananas will look mushy and discolored on your pizza. And green bananas won’t be sweet enough.
Chocolate: After much tasting and experimentation (I know, it’s a tough job!), white chocolate is the hands-down winner for this banana pizza recipe.
The chocolate lover in me really wanted melted dark chocolate to work instead. I even tried a combination of white and dark chocolate, as in this addictive White and Dark Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn.
But, alas, I have great taste buds, and they do not lie. Chocolate on pizza is delicious, but white chocolate works best with this combination of ingredients. I recommend using Ghirardelli white chocolate chips (affiliate link).
Pizza dough: You'll need 11 ounces of dough for this pizza dessert recipe. We use this easy Pizza Dough with Beer, but store-bought pizza dough works too.
How to make it
See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full instructions, but here's an overview.
- Shape the dough into a circle and pre-bake it for five minutes.
- Add some of the white chocolate chips, then the sliced bananas and brown sugar.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes more, until the crust is slightly browned.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate chips in the microwave, then use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate on the pizza.
- For convenience, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, then stir until smooth. You don't need a double boiler!
- Pre-baking the dough without toppings for five minutes allows extra time for the crust to brown without burning the white chocolate chips.
- Before you slice the hot pizza, let it rest for a few minutes. Waiting ensures those delicious toppings don’t drip off.
What to serve with sweet banana pizza
Frequently asked questions
You don't have to be a fan of white chocolate to love this pizza. But, if you want to skip the white chocolate, try substituting milk chocolate chips. You might enjoy that more than I would.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to two days. The bananas will start to darken after that and become unappetizing.
More dessert recipes to try
- The Best Jewish Apple Cake
- Easy Pear Cake with Amaretto Glaze
- Awesome Gluten-Free Pear Crisp
- Triple Chocolate Brownies with Raspberries
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you try this Sweet Banana Pizza with White Chocolate, don't forget to leave a comment and a rating!
Sweet Banana Pizza with White Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray (or line it with greased parchment paper).
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into an 11-inch circle. Place the circle of dough on your prepared pan and shape it as needed.
- Bake the dough for five minutes without any toppings.
- Meanwhile, peel the banana and slice it into rounds ¼-inch thick.
- When the dough has baked for five minutes, take it out of the oven and add the toppings. Start by distributing ¼ cup white chocolate chips all over the dough, except for the crust border.
- Add the banana slices to the pizza, again leaving a border around the edges for the crust. Sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Bake the dessert pizza for 10-14 minutes more, until the crust is browned.
- Melt ⅛ cup white chocolate chips in the microwave. (Use a microwave-safe bowl and cover it loosely with wax paper.) Heat the chips for 30 seconds, stir, then heat them for 15 seconds more and stir. If needed, continue heating the chips for 15 seconds at a time until melted. Stir with a fork until smooth.
- Dip the fork into the melted white chocolate, and hold the fork over the pizza to drizzle on ribbons of white chocolate.
- Let the pizza rest for a few minutes, then slice into servings. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two days. The bananas will start to discolor after that.
(Recipe Source: Cooking with Mamma C - My hubby came up with the ingredients and I nailed down the amounts with taste testing by him, our son and me. Originally published on September 6, 2018 and updated now with additional information.)