Looking for pancake ideas for breakfast? Don't miss these 31 Pancake Flavors! You'll find recipes for flavored pancakes such as lemon ricotta, chocolate, apple, bacon, blueberry, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot cake, eggnog, funfetti and more!
I hope you've got your stretchy pants ready. I'm about to tempt you with a mouthwatering collection of flavored pancake recipes.
I gathered my own recipes, plus several from other food bloggers, to organize this epic roundup. There are pancake variations for every season, holiday and birthday, plus year-round favorites!
There are even vegan, low-carb, paleo and gluten-free options.
Who knew there were so many types of pancake flavors? Let's dig in.
'Tis the Season
I hope you enjoyed these breakfast pancake recipes! Which ones do you want to try?
Flavored Pancakes for Breakfast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk (Use 2%, whole milk or almond milk.)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (or one teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon orange extract)
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Crack the eggs into a liquid measuring cup and beat them with a whisk before adding them to your mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, oil and flavor extract to your bowl and whisk everything just until blended. The batter should still be lumpy.
- Heat an 8-inch, non-stick skillet over a medium-high flame, until it is hot enough that a drop of water splashed on it will sizzle.
- Use a large serving spoon to pour some batter into the center of the pan, using two full spoons for each pancake. The pancakes will be about 6 inches in diameter. Lower the heat to just a little higher than medium.
- Flip each pancake when bubbles form on top, and the edges appear dry. Cook the second side until it is lightly browned. Remove cooked pancakes to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Store any leftover batter in the refrigerator for up to two days. Cooked pancakes can be frozen.